At Genki, in addition to Danish National laws, there a several rules that participants must abide by, in order to ensure that everyone has a good time at the convention.
Breaking any of these rules will, depending on severity, result in a warning or a ban from the rest of the convention. Several warnings can also trigger a ban. Breaking a law will result in a ban and being reported to the police.
Special for the photo/video rules is that in addition to warnings and a possible ban, The Reactor reserves the right to copy the contents of the violator’s memory card(s) to a computer owned by The Reactor and/or wipe the memory card(s) clean if the violation is severe enough.
- Pictures taken of any guest on the convention grounds must not be of an inappropriate nature.
- It is not permitted to photograph or record any identifiable individual(s) without their consent, if they are the focus of the photograph/recording.
- If asked by a guest to delete a photograph the guest identifiably appears in, the photographer must comply. The photographer can take a new picture without the individual in question.
- Recording of any kind is strictly prohibited in the convention’s movie theatres.
- Convention staff and security, upon identifying themselves, have the right to review any photographer’s photos, if they suspect a violation of the rules.
- Photos and/or videos recorded on the convention grounds may under no circumstance be used for commercial purposes (i.e. earning money from the usage of the materials), without written consent from The Reactor.
- If such an agreement is of interest, please contact the PR group for consultation.
- Responsibility for getting informed consent of the people in the photo/video, if such is needed, falls on the party who took the photo or recorded the video.
- Instructions by convention staff and signs addressing press/photographers are to be adhered to at all times while on convention grounds.
- Pictures and video may not be recorded using additional lighting equipment (e.g. a camera flash or flash device) during stage events, unless otherwise stated at the beginning of the event.
- Genki’s team leaders (can be recognized by their T-shirts) have the authority to pass judgement and resolve disputes or arguments about the photo rules, should they arise.
- If the team leader in question cannot resolve the dispute, the Head of PR is to be consulted. If a resolution is still not reached or if the head of PR is absent, the final verdict falls upon the Head Organizer of Genki.
- Any decision made by the heads of the PR group or of Genki is final.