At Genki, in addition to Danish National laws, there a several rules that participants must abide by, in order to ensure that everyone has a good time at the convention.
Breaking any of these rules will, depending on severity, result in a warning or a ban from the rest of the convention. Several warnings can also trigger a ban. Breaking a law will result in a ban and being reported to the police.
- You may not sell items that do not adhere to Danish law.
- The selling of fanart is prohibited by Danish law, unless the artist has permission from the copyright holder, or if the art falls under the exceptions for parody or satire.
- It is the responsibility of the artist to get permission from the copyright holder(s).
- The artist assumes all legal accountability, should they decide to sell fanart without the proper permissions.
- Due to the nature of the product, the staff will assume that that the artists has collected the proper permissions should they witness the selling of fanart, but reserves the right to inquire about it.
- Pornographic and excessively violent material may only be sold to people ages 16 or older, as per Danish criminal law, chapter 24, paragraph 234
- The artist must see ID before completing the transaction.
- Pornographic and excessively violent material must not be openly displayed, due to the presence of young children.
- Genki reserves the right to ask for ID following a transaction or to ask a seller to remove or cover up specific items for sale that do not follow the rules at Genki.