At Genki, in addition to Danish National laws, there a several rules that participants must abide by, in order to ensure that everyone has a good time at the convention.
Breaking any of these rules will, depending on severity, result in a warning or a ban from the rest of the convention. Several warnings can also trigger a ban. Breaking a law will result in a ban and being reported to the police.
- All Danish National laws have to be abided to while on the convention grounds, and violations will be reported to the police. In addition;
- All other rule sets for the convention need to be followed when applicable, i.e. photo rules, press rules, weapon rules and “Free hugs” rules.
- Instructions and guidelines stated, either visually or by staff and security, have to be followed at all times.
- While on convention grounds, consumption or usage of any intoxicating or hallucinatory drugs/substances is prohibited. Smoking is permitted, but only to designated areas.
- Exceptions may be applicable to certain events when stated with visible information upon entering the particular event. Exception is only valid during that particular event.
- General noise levels should be kept within reasonable limits.
- When queues form at the entrances of events, keep order and behave nicely to your fellow guests.
- Do not, in any way, block corridors, pathways, or any other place where movement is crucial.
- Cosplay is not consent! Refrain from unsolicited touching of other people, their cosplays, or their props – respect their personal space!
- It is likewise not permitted to cat call, harras, or in any other way behave in an offensive manner towards others, be it physically or verbally.
If you feel you’ve been accosted or harassed, whether it be physically or verbally, or you’ve witnessed someone who has, then immediately contact our security personnel or go to the reception and tell them what happened. Our security personnel will then take care of the situation.
Rules for bracelets:
- Guests without valid Genki bracelet will only have access to designated free areas.
- A fee will be collected for replacing a lost or damaged bracelet.
- Replacement bracelets can only be issued in the check-in area and you must show valid ID.
Special photo/video rules:
- By attending Genki, the participants give implicit consent for Genki and The Reactor ApS – the company behind Genki – to use any and all photo and video footage taken of them, by official Genki photographers, for any sort of commercial and non-commercial purposes.
- Example of such purposes are:
- website galleries
- Online material
- If a person does not wish for their likeness to be used, they can either tell the photographer directly, where after the photographer must delete the photo, or contact Genki directly.